Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stress!

Well, I had my first migraine this morning. On the way to work, I started seeing "stars" in the left eye. I didn't think much about it since everyone had their headlights on. However, it went on for about an hour. Reading the computer screen became very difficult. I didn't know what it was and started freaking out. I had trauma to my brain from my wreck 7 years ago and that was the first thing that came to mind. So I called the doctor. The nurse said it was probably a migraine but to come in and see the doctor anyway. The "stars" went away and turned into a severe headache. I went down the street to my doctor. He gave me a shot and a prescription. He said it would start to work in 30 min. to an hour. Unfortunately, that meant I had to come back to work. So now it's gone away but I wonder why it happened.....

Some people say it can be caused by sinus trouble. My sinuses have been acting up a little. Or it could be caused by stress. Stressed? I'm not stressed. My friend reminded me that I am working 2 jobs (JDA and Mary Kay), in charge of the family finances (very difficult), and we are trying to have a baby (going to the fertility doc tomorrow). I guess I had forgotten about all of this somewhere during my headache. Yes, I guess subconsciously I am pretty stressed. I put on a good front though. We cooked dinner and watched a movie last night. I just started a new Bible study too. And we're going to the beach this weekend. I'm sure hoping the beach trip eases my stress a little. Just pray for me and all that is going on in my life. :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hey girl - I am praying... I have migraines too... they are HORRIBLE! but yeah, stress and sinuses set them off sometimes. I agree with family finances, and all that jazz. as cheesy as this is about to sound - it was in my study this morning. Stress and worry is a sign of not truly "casting your cares on Jesus." So, in order to be obedient - I will pray that you are really able to cast them (cast: verb - to throw away from the body) on ur loving Savior that will take care of ALL of the above!